We are a small theatre company dedicated to finding and developing high quality new plays and ideas by writers who have never had their work produced before (please see our submission guidelines for more information).
Aims and Objectives
Based in London and led by Artistic Director, Adam Bambrough, our aim is to become the leading theatre company for unproduced writers and emerging artists in the UK.
We intend to achieve this by:
- staging at least one production per year, each a world premiere and a chance to see original work by a newly discovered writer;
- helping writers to develop their plays by providing feedback on every submission that we receive;
- nurturing the skills and ideas of writers through a number of playwriting initiatives, including our detailed feedback service, new writing evenings, workshops, script troubleshooting clinics and idea development surgeries;
- establishing ourselves as a network hub for new writers by hosting an online community for the sharing of advice and experiences, whilst forging links and highlighting opportunities with other new writing companies, organisations, groups and courses;
- working with emerging artists of all disciplines (actors, stage managers, set and costume designers, sound and lighting technicians, composers, etc) to bring plays to life that otherwise would not be seen, challenging our audiences to think and feel, and ensuring that our every performance lives long in the memory.
We are committed to the equal representation of women in theatre and guarantee that at least half of the cast and crew on our every production, workshop and rehearsal reading will be female.
We are a proud supporter of Equity’s Professionally Made Professionally Paid campaign and operate under the terms of the Equity Fringe agreement, which means that every artist we work with is paid the hourly living wage.